7.21.2011

New Beginning

Have you ever made a pause in your life and asked yourself: "What am I doing different from last year to make this year GREAT?"...
 And then realize that you've done NOTHING to achieve any kind of variation in your life.
Well, it seems downright logical that if you don't act differently or do different things you can't expect any kind of change... right?
Well, apparently not for me. The past three years of my life have been really crappy, have I done anything different to change that? No. I've just grumbled about it.
I must say that it's really hard to step out of your comfort zone (at least for me), and try new risky things. Sadly, sometimes it takes a big ass shake or a really negative impact (more like a series of negative impacts) in your life to wake you up and make you realize that nothing and no one in this life is reliable. That the only person that you need in your life to make you happy is yourself and that life is really short, it goes away in a blink of an eye (Sadly, I got a grasp of this saying when one of my friends from highschool recently passed away.)
So, don't waste it suffering over something that has no repair. Move on, there are plenty of other wonderful things and people.
Don't waste it overthinking, just act! Take a risk because there is nothing to lose, it will just be another experience that you happened to live. 
Don't waste it on people that have nothing to contribute to your life but negative things and will only eventually make you feel like life is not worth living. Surround yourself with people that make you happy and that take you for who you are. 
And most importantly, don't waste it on a monotonous lifestyle. There are so many things in this life to enjoy, so many people to meet and share your time with. Live your life! take a different path on your way home, have some time for yourself and enjoy every single little moment. Appreciate what you have and do what you love to do. 
As for me, I decided to keep updating my blog, recently took one of the hardest decisions I've had to take in my life and determined to start fighting for what I really want. Right now that's about it. I'm dead set on making a change and acting for myself.
So now, I ask you: What are you doing different to improve your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...